Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our Mom Retired !!

Since 1972 I have been working in Mumbai and I retired from service on my 60th birthday, ie on September 12, 2012. These 40 years as a professional, lady with a career, female with dual responsibilities (home and at work), made me learn many things and face many challenges boldly. I am fortunate to have my daughters Priya and Preeta as my friends with whom I shared the humour and the concerns I faced daily. The travel in local train has become a nightmare no doubt, but I made some lovely friends along the way and learnt some new hobbies and languages too! I can vouch that I loved the working hours and travel-time very much.  

Here is a poem written by Preeta on behalf of my family, my children, their spouse, and their kids..... wishing me on the eve of my retirement! Aren't I lucky! - Shanta

Our Mom Retired !!
(after enjoying 40 years of working life!)

After a very long innings,
Today you retire
You'll be missed by many,
Your personality n work they admire

Ethics, efficiency, presence of mind,
Are some of the traits in you
For any problem, you'll find the solution
With steps as much as few...

Mentor, adviser, helper, supporter
Many roles you adorn
You loved your job, did it with zest
You were USIEF Mumbai's backbone!

Now it is time to rest, and
Let your hair loose
Do nothing, do something
Spend your time as you choose

As you retire today Mamma
Your children n grandchildren join the celebrations
We love you so much for so many reasons
To us and many, you are an inspiration!!

Have a fab retirement!
Love,
Priya, Preeta, Kartik, Nikhil, Prithvi, Ananya
12-September 2012 (Mom's 60th Birthday!)

(Penned by (Preeta Iyer)
*****************************************************





No comments: