Tuesday, September 18, 2012

'Au Revoir USIEF!!'.... from Shanta



Hi friends,


Here is the note I sent out to all my colleagues in USIEF - everyone at the four regional offices in India - on September 12, 2012, just before I 'retired'! ...... Sharing the same with you. Please read on.......

Dear all

' All Good Things Should Come To An End! ' What a profound statement this is! And it holds good even today. Here I am, writing to my colleagues at USIEF on the last working day of my life.... I retire COB September 12, 2012.

Sixteen years at USIEF Mumbai ... they have given me immense satisfaction, both professionally and personally. At a time when you think that, when you cross 40 you do not get good jobs, I was hired for what was seen as a caliber that was required. And that was the beginning of an upward curve that put me in touch with lovely colleagues, wonderful superiors, curious students, intelligent scholars and very useful contacts. In each one of you, I have spotted at least one quality I have admired, and hoped to emulate. I thank you for what you are as a person and for your contribution to USIEF in totality.

This is NOT the end of our communication. Let us stay in touch (Cell No............) and meet whenever we think it is possible. You can also write to me anytime and my email id is sha...@.........com. You can also visit my blog http://shantaramakrishnan.blogspot.in/ which has been dormant for sometime but which I hope will have some new entries soon!


Once again, thanks for your affection and for your assistance, but for which life might not have become so colorful.

Best Wishes to you and your loved ones,

Shanta








No comments: